Monday, October 24, 2011

Dry His Tears

People who say men are emotionless have never met a real man. That being said, men definitely have a different way of showing emotion than women.

When Boyfriend drinks a lot, he gets even more passionate than usual, and things get crazy. He likes to strike up conversation with everyone who walks past, the people sitting nearby, even the guy peeing next to him at the urinal. Last night, his brother was in town, so of course they got so hammered that they couldn't even walk straight.

At one point, the inevitable happened- the "I love you, man" moment. This moment is usually more intense when it's between brothers. Boyfriend started hugging his brother and telling him over and over how proud he is that they're family, how much he loves him, etc. His brother was in a rush to get to the bathroom, so he cut the moment short. As he stumbled away, I saw Boyfriend was crying. I don't think he noticed, because he made no effort to wipe the tears away as they made little rivers down his cheeks.

I held him and told him how much I love him, how much his brother loves him. He thanked me, and I could tell his alcohol-induced ADD was kicking in. Before he could run off to make new friends, I stopped him and wiped his tears away. His tears were for me to see, and me only.

When the night was over, I put his arm around my shoulder, held his brother's arm, and guided both drunken men back to the car safely. That's my idea of a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment