Monday, October 24, 2011

Paint Your Toes

There are so many parts of the body that are more attractive than the feet. They get the most abuse of any appendage, yet they tend to be forgotten, and downright ignored. They deserve some TLC!

Why does he like it when you paint your toenails?
Adding a little polish is like applying some lipstick- it shows that you're putting in some effort to look nice on a regular basis. It helps you to look more clean and... well, polished. If you don't like color, just make sure you regularly clean out dirt, and keep those babies trimmed. Having good-looking feet increases your chances of spontaneous foot rubs. Who wouldn't want that?

Why do you like it when you paint your toenails?
Happy feet can be an instant boost of confidence. Sometimes I'll have a bad hair day, none of my clothes will fit right, but at lease my toes look damn cute. When I go swimming, I make sure I'm chip-free. When I go out, I wear open-toed shoes because I want everyone to see my new paint job.
More important than the paint is the process. At least once a month, give yourself a pedicure. Turn on your favorite music playlist, remove your chipped polish, soak your feet in warm water for five minutes (at least), and scrub them down. Pat dry, thoroughly clean out dirt and extra skin from under/around your nails, and lotion lotion lotion. Massage your feet and legs until the lotion is rubbed in. Use a Q-tip or paper towel to wipe the lotion off of just your nail. Apply color of your choice, and let air dry. You will be surprised how much of a stress reliever this process can be, and how regal you'll feel afterwards.

Like foot massages? When your man has had a particularly rough week, or maybe just because you want him to know how much you care, break out the lotion give him a surprise foot rub. He might not reciprocate right then (let him have his relaxation time), but he'll take the hint. And hey- if he doesn't, just ask!

No comments:

Post a Comment