Sunday, October 23, 2011

First and Foremost

The first step in being a great girlfriend has nothing to do with being a girlfriend. Before you can go on the prowl for a mate, you have to be totally and completely head-over-heels in love. With yourself. I don't mean narcissistic, or self-obsessed; I mean you need to be the kind of person you would want to date.
I want a guy who is honest, funny, self-assured, and kind (for starters). In order to meet someone with those qualities and make things last, I need to possess all of those qualities myself. What kind of self-assured guy would want to date a woman with a list of insecurities the size of China?
Take care of yourself, love yourself, and when you're ready, you can start looking for that ideal guy. Don't settle for less than you deserve.
Once you've found your perfect-for-you man, you can start making efforts to become an awesome girlfriend.

No comments:

Post a Comment