Monday, October 24, 2011

Keep Spare Bags

Depending what bad habits your man has, you'll need to keep certain amenities in your car. I know Boyfriend loves to drink, and he occasionally likes to chew tobacco. That means I need to keep extra plastic bags, and a few empty water bottles within reach so he can spit in them.

He's not the only one who might need them. Chances are, your significant other has a few friends that have the same vices. By that, I mean if Boyfriend is drunk as a skunk, I'm probably transporting one or two of his male friends in the backseat who have had just as much to drink. I keep several bags on hand for emergencies like this, as well as empty water bottles for his friends. I also keep small snacks- chips, crackers, etc- in my glove box, to appease the drunken ruckus as we drive from location to location. I have Boyfriend's favorite CDs that he likes to scream along to when he's in said state, and I keep them near the passenger seat so he can man the radio. If I'm really unsure about the nausea level, I keep a towel in my trunk to put underneath whomever I'm worried about, and if an incident does occur, God forbid, I have stain remover and Febreeze in the trunk, too.

I realize I'm a walking convenience store, but it's only because I know very well what kind of situation I'll be dealing with every weekend. If your friends are stoners, maybe keep little snacks in your trunk. If your friends recreationally do heroine, you should probably seek rehab.

Anyway, people would be immediately impressed with how prepared you are if you put some thought into what items they might be interested in. Boyfriend will mention that he's hungry, and as I toss him a small bag of Cheetos, the expression of happiness on his face is priceless. As he tears into the defenseless snack like a famished hyena, mumbling thankyous through his mouthful of Cheetos, it warms my heart... until a few minutes later, he grabs the bag a beat too late and Cheeto tequila vomit coats the floor.*


*This particular situation has never happened- I don't want you to think badly of Boyfriend. He's never vomited on my car seats. Until last night. And that was chips-and-salsa vomit, not Cheetos, and he got almost all of it in the bag!

No comments:

Post a Comment